Have Eye Strain And Itching? Get A Clear Answer With An Eye Exam

Have you noticed that your eyes have been strained recently, and that they are twitching or having other problems? Dry eyes, itchy eyes, or other irritations can be normal with age or because of the environment, but they can also indicate that there is a problem with your vision. You want to see a professional to have the eyes looked at, and then you want to find out what has caused the irritation and complications. The following things should be at the top of your list.

Get a Professional Eye Exam

You want to get a professional eye exam completed by an optometrist or at an ophthalmologist's office. These will be in depth exams where they dilate the eyes, and you will go through a variety of screenings and an eye examination. This is the best way to get an accurate diagnosis to determine if you have a condition or concerns.

Check the Types of Bulbs Around Your House

Have you recently changed out the light bulbs around your home because you want to use new energy efficient options, or because you were looking for a different shade of light? If so, this could be the reason that you are having vision problems or why you have headaches and eye irritation. Talk with your eye doctor about the change you made, and about what type of lighting causes irritation. It could also be lighting at work.

Treatment Options at Home

There are many ways you can work to rest your eyes if they are just dry and overstrained and causing irritation, including the following:

  • Have less television and computer screen time
  • Print emails and documents instead of scanning them on a phone or computer
  • Call instead of text
  • Get enough sleep
  • Wear sunglasses when needed

These are just some of the adjustments that can help to rest your eyes, and that will help your eyes feel less irritated.

There are so many different reasons why your eyes could be irritated, but if you have noticed that lately they just feel strained, dry and itchy, then it's time to take action and get an eye exam. The exam will be able to tell if you are having vision impairments and if you need corrective eye wear to treat the problem or if your eyes are just irritated and strained and there are other treatments you need to pursue. Contact a local eye clinic for more information about vision examinations